Thursday 18 March 2010

1 Hour Training Swim - Energy 10/10 After 6/10

Swam for 1 hour. For the first time this evening I tried Rob's Maltodextrin (PSP) and it was incredible! I didn't run out of energy at all. I was averaging 57sec per lap. Rob knows his stuff!

I had not eaten since about 14:00 - so all I was running on was Maltodextrin. I only managed to gulp down about 400ml in the hour... this may be insufficient water intake? I need to chat to Simon for input.

Overall I felt 10/10 during and 6/10 afterwards - felt a fair bit tired.


I have not been able to do sufficient swims in my busy weeks - following a chat with Paul this eve, I am determined to stick to my training plan from now on.

We also discussed streamlining. I am concious that I kick very little when I swim. But if I can kick just enough to lift my buttocks to just clear the water, that will make me a lot more streamlined. As Paul pointed out - in cycling air resistance is massive and streamlining is everything. Since water is far more viscous than air, streamlining has to be even more important in water.

No comments:

Post a Comment